Nothing Short of Chic: What I Wore: Pumpkin Spice – Thanksgiving 2016

20.11.16

What I Wore: Pumpkin Spice – Thanksgiving 2016


Thanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of Chic
 
 LOCATION: VIBORG, DENMARK
   
 
What to wear to Thanksgiving to be modest, non-"depressing", stylish, classy, and stain-concealing all at once.

Happy almost-Thanksgiving to my American friends. Happy month-and-a-half-after-Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends. And... happy winter to everyone else. With four days to go, perhaps you need an outfit for your dinner with your friends or your family (wishing luck to those in need), in which case you've come to the right place. Here's a simple yet seasonally appropriate outfit that includes no hint of black but yet does not have the struggles of color-matching. This is what I wore for my Thanksgiving celebration, which happened back at the beginning of October but is still relevant for those of you that either live in a temperate climate or celebrate indoors (I imagine those criteria cover most of you). If necessary, add some thick black tights and a large knee-length black coat (and sunglasses, of course) and you can keep the fabulous look and the feeling in your extremities. Don't forget the matching orange smokey-ish eye.

Thanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Thanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Thanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of ChicThanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Thanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Thanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of ChicThanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of Chic

Please note: I am not wearing lipstick, the lighting is just a bit weird. In fact I am only wearing mascara and eyeshadow because I cannot afford anything else. Sincerest apologies.

Thanksgiving is coming up and you probably have something to wear but so do I so if you need help I've got it. | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography by Jericca Cleland-Hura | Dress: Thrifted  | Boots: Thrifted  | Belt: Thrifted  | Earrings: Rain Jewelry 

Chocolate and orange, or pumpkin and spice, or whichever combination of flavors this color pairing most makes you think of: the perfect late fall/early winter blend of seasonal and cheerful. Pretty soon the leaves will all be dead and the harvest will be complete, so get your fill while you can because soon pumpkin-colored garments will feel really out-of-place. Also, boots that come to just below the knee paired with knee-length dresses or skirts is a combination I've really been loving recently because it highlights the slenderest part of the leg while also showing off a tiny sliver of skin and skimming right over the thighs, which for a lot of people is an area which brings about insecurities. And, of course, it just looks really chic.

Terribly sorry for the lighting – but the composition of these photos is incredibly cool, for which I'm very grateful to Jericca Cleland-Hura. Happy Thanksgiving, one and all.

1 comment :

  1. Greetings from Colorado! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the information you present here and can't wait to take a look
    when I get home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded oon my mobile ..

    I'm not even using WIFI, jusxt 3G .. Anyways, superb site!

    ReplyDelete