Nothing Short of Chic: On Wednesdays We Wear Ethical: Vaçide Erda Zimic

2.8.17

On Wednesdays We Wear Ethical: Vaçide Erda Zimic

On Wednesdays we wear ethical. Sporting a Vaçide Erda Zimic neckpiece and some doodles. | Nothing Short Of Chic


One of my most treasured pieces: wearable art hand-made in Peru from recycled materials.

I recently discovered the hashtag #OnWednesdaysWeWearEthical, run by @FashionDebates, on Twitter. Today's Wednesday so I was inspired to create a post centred around my favorite ethically-made item: this beautiful neckpiece from Vaçide Erda Zimic. A friend of mine, Aïda del Solar, gave it to me after visiting her native country of Peru, where the company is located. I wanted to craft a photoshoot around it right away, but I didn't have a vision that I felt was strong enough for such a beautiful piece of art. But today, I was simply going to take a few images for Twitter, when the idea to illustrate the images and edit them to be edgy and grainy and desaturated sort of evolved in my head. I thought a more unique form of photography would be more interesting and appropriate, and here are the results.

On Wednesdays we wear ethical. Sporting a Vaçide Erda Zimic neckpiece and some doodles. | Nothing Short Of Chic

On Wednesdays we wear ethical. Sporting a Vaçide Erda Zimic neckpiece and some doodles. | Nothing Short Of Chic

On Wednesdays we wear ethical. Sporting a Vaçide Erda Zimic neckpiece and some doodles. | Nothing Short Of Chic

On Wednesdays we wear ethical. Sporting a Vaçide Erda Zimic neckpiece and some doodles. | Nothing Short Of Chic

On Wednesdays we wear ethical. Sporting a Vaçide Erda Zimic neckpiece and some doodles. | Nothing Short Of Chic

On Wednesdays we wear ethical. Sporting a Vaçide Erda Zimic neckpiece and some doodles. | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photograph by DJ Cleland-Hura

On Wednesdays we wear ethical. Sporting a Vaçide Erda Zimic neckpiece and some doodles. | Nothing Short Of Chic
Photography & Illustration by Annika Cleland-Hura

I linked the website for Vaçide Erda Zimic above, but if you missed it, here it is again: http://vacideerdazimic.pe/. Just as a disclaimer, this post is not sponsored, and the photographs are taken and illustrated by me (except for the one taken by the fantastic DJ Cleland-Hura). I hope you enjoyed this somewhat unusual photoshoot and make sure to check out #OnWednesdaysWeWearEthical for some eco-conscious fashion inspiration.

Besos,

No comments :

Post a Comment